Saturday 4 July 2015

Stage 3! The suffering begins.....

Today was stage 3 From Antwerp to Hoy, 100 miles. Today was the hottest yet, 38c around Liege. Struggling to keep on top of fluids, despite a litre per hour all day! 

The last climb up to Hoy was fun. Watch for it when the pros do. It's 19% for a good whack, but I kept thinking I've done hardknott pass and that was much steeper!! 

Few moments of 'realisation' today over what the Tour De France is really about. My legs felt strong, almost 15 ave, at 138ave heart rate (but that was not accurate as was close to heat stroke at 1pm!!). 

Now at a camp site, sadly it's quite a 'loud' happening camp site. Hope I get a good nights sleep as tomorrow is the longest day of the tour, 138 miles. I'm expecting a 8am to 8pm ride! 

No comments:

Post a Comment